Latest news on the ERP5 development and software release announcements can be found here.
Students of IFES introduce ERP5
New Books about ERP5
ERP5 at OW2 conference
First demo of SlapOS - http://www.ow2.org/view/Events2010AnnualConference/
March 6th 2009
Buildout configuration is available for ERP5: ViewVC access:
Keep in mind, that it is ongoing work, and refer to README file to try it out.
December 1st 2008
ERP5 World Forum is organised in Paris to facilitate contributions by users and academics to ERP5 functional roadmap.
May 19 2008
In favor of Zope 2.8, ERP5 will drop support for Zope 2.7 officially in 3 months, at August 18 2008.
February 23/24 2008
The second ERP5 DevCon in Poland
On February 23/24, ERP5 Polska hosted a ERP5 DevCon conference of Polish ERP5 developers and users.
February 1st 2007
ERP5 Live-CD 1.0rc11 released
I'm pleased to announce the availability of our new ERP5 Live CD version 1.0rc11.
Please download the CD image file from the following URL: http://www.nexedi.org/static/livecd/erp5-1.0rc11.iso
This version will be the last based on Mandriva 2006 (until no important bug found that can justify a new release). The next one will be based on Mandriva 2007.
Main change in this new version is the addition of oood, a standalone server based on openoffice.org and developped by Nexedi.
Here is the detailed change log:
Brand new openoffice.org-oood, a server for converting docs from other formats to OOo, generating pdf files, keeping unchangeable snapshots in pdf format, getting and setting metadata. It returns a file in a desired format; html files are zipped because they often consist of more than one file. This deamon is intended to be used with ERP5 Document business template, although it can be run standalone for any other client application.
- New in ERP5: xhtml_style as default, dependancies issues are now auto-solved during BT5 installation, new BT5 (erp5_web, erp5_dms,...) + 8 months of hard work on core framework and Business Templates.
Update MySQL from 5.0.20 to 5.0.27: lots of Security enhancements and bug fixes. See http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/news-5-0-x.html for details.
- Add MySQL NDB packages.
Move postfix chroot environnement to writable RAM media (/etc/postfix/chroot) because /var/spool/postfix/ is removed by mklivecd and postfix queue must be writable.
- Update to latest Mandriva 2006 kernel (2.6.12-29) with NTFS R/W support.
- Brand new openoffice 2.1.0.
- Zelenium product added for TTW functionnal testing.
python-mechanize + ClientForm added for ERP5 benchmarks.
- FCKeditor updated to version 2.2.
New TimerService build for better URL handling.
- New patch on Photo zope product (thanks to Bartek).
- Add memcached (and python-memcached) deamon and start it at boot to increase ERP5 performances.
Add schedutils 1.5.0 to be able to set the processor affinity of zope servers, as advised in the documentation of the Giant Interpreter Lock of python (see http://docs.python.org/api/threads.html for details).
- Latest mozilla-firefox 220.127.116.11.
- thttpd removed (use SSL apache instead).
- Replace cervisia by kdesvn.
- Add wireshark, ipython, libaio, pdftohtml, xpdf, bind-utils and htop.
Add Kafee JVM to speed up OpenOffice.
- Don't run squid at boot.
- Do not eject CD tray at reboot or stop (think of rebooting a distant machine...).
- Use DHCP on eth0 as default at boot.
- Start erp5cdtool deamon earlier in the boot process to solve bad hostname issues.
January 28th 2007
The ERP5 Mobile Business Template was released and certified for the Nokia E61 Smartphone. Read more at http://www.erp5.com/news/news-erp5-mobile-release
January 15 2007
The first ERP5 community conference in Poland
On January 13-14, ERP5 Polska hosted a conference of Polish ERP5 developers and users.
June 26 2006
ERP5 Project Nominated at Paris Capitale du Libre 2006
The Infoterra project based on ERP5 was nominated at a major OSS contest organised by Paris City: Paris Capital du Libre 2006.
May 12 2006
ERP5 Live-CD 1.0rc10 released
I'm pleased to announce the availability of our new ERP5 Live CD version 1.0rc10.
Here is the change log for this version:
Replace update script cvs_update.sh with the brand new svn_update.sh since ERP5 project was migated to SVN.
- Add ERP5Subversion product. This new product is a tool to manage synchronisation of ERP5 local instances with the main ERP5 development branch.
- Add ZMySQLDDA product for asynchronous update of SQL catalog.
- Latests ERP5 products and Business Templates from the 2006-05-05 SVN revision.
Update mysql to version 5.0.20 (changelog: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/news-5-0-20.html ).
- Add mysql-administrator and mysql-query-browser tools.
- Activate mysql query cache by default for performances.
- Add pychart to let ERP5Form generate dynamic charts.
- Add FCKeditor zope product.
- Use latest mklivecd 0.6 with brand new hwdetect 2.0 for better hardware support.
- Supress /proc mounting error at boot.
- Eject live cd at shutdown.
Apr. 07 2006
ERP5 Live-CD 1.0rc9 released
I'm pleased to announce the availability of our new ERP5 Live CD version 1.0rc9. This version does not update Zope Products, but fixes some hardware and software problems. For example, the kernel is updated to a newer release from Mandriva. We are planning to make a full update in next version.
Also, we would appreciate if you could redistribute this Live CD via http or ftp or whatever.
Update - a little change log:
update to mysql 5.0.19 (changelog: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/news-5-0-19.html )
- latest mandriva kernel
- noapic and nolapic kernel option set at boot
- remove "CVS" folder in the "windows part" of the ISO (thanks christophe)
Mar. 23 2006
ERP5 Implementation at Infoterra, an EADS Astrium company
Feb. 14 2006
ERP5 Live CD v1.0-rc8 released, now based on a Mandriva 2006
I'm happy to announce the availability of a new ERP5 Live CD.
Before starting to download, be careful: the Live CD has now a size > 650 Mb. You need a 700 Mb CD-R to burn it.
This version, even numbered as new "Release Candidate" (1.0rc8), is a big update. The previous release (1.0rc7) was based on a Mandriva 10.1. This new one is based on a Mandriva 2006: this mean more hardware support thanks to the kernel update (2.6.8 to 2.6.12).
We added some new features in this release:
- Timer Service zope product: no need of zope_tic_loop anymore.
- Pluggable Auth Service manage complex security and rights based on multiple user parameters (place of work, function, etc...).
- LDAP support for user management in Pluggable Auth Service.
- ERP5Security added: a plugin to Pluggable Auth Service, to manage roles, groups and users in ERP5. It also add fine security management features to ERP5.
- ERP5OOo added: General purpose tools to parse and handle Open Office v1.x documents in ERP5.
Better support of image & files in ERP5 objects.
Webdav support in ERP5 for easy drag & drop (try it on persons and organisations !).
- The cvs update script (the one to get the latests ERP5 products from the Nexedi CVS) take care of symlinks now.
- A local repository of Business Template is embedded in the Live CD.
- You can switch from one keyboard layout to another in KDE via the kxkb applet.
- New zope products added: Visual Traceback, Verbose Security and DCWorkflowGraph.
- Some services will not be started automaticcaly at boot time. Usually people don't need about 50% of running services to use ERP5 on a server, so I de-activated some of them to speed-up start-up. This make a big difference on system with low memory (lower than 512mo).
- The default "zope" user has all rights on the ERP5 instance (to let him perform all tasks).
- Add autologin when using desktop shortcuts to make life easier.
- Accouting in ERP5 was tested during a live tutorial at Solution Linux 2006 and the french localisation can produce official fiscal report.
We also corrected some important bugs:
- Database locking problems resolved thanks to the new mysql 5.
- No longer need of pdftk-emulation thanks to python 2.4: we can now use all features of pdf-tk to manipulate PDF file in ERP5.
- Newer version of Zope (this restore the "undo" tab in the management interface).
Jan. 24 2006
ERP5 Live CD v1.0-rc7 available
A new ERP5 Live CD is available.
This release is based on the Oct. 27 2005 CVS version. Normally, it will be the last version based on Mandrakelinux 10.1. The next version will be based on Mandriva 2006.
Update: The Zope version embedded in this live CD is known to have an empty "Undo" tab in the ZMI. This bug was corrected in the 2.7.8 version of Zope and will be available in the next Live CD release.