This page provides a collection of resources related to authentication in complex environments. This includes PKI, SSO reverse proxies, authentication plugins. Since ERP5 is based on PAS, it should be possible to extend the standard authentication setup with any of the more complex environments described.
Many sources are in French, probably because open source PKI market is quite developed in France with many large customers, large implementations and leading providers.
- Concept de base des PKI provides an easy introduction in French to PKI
- Comment monter une PKI open source provides a summary of existing projects and approaches (In French)
- IGC CNRS provides an exhaustive list of links and explanations (In French)
- HSC provides a short introduction to PKI (In French)
- Open Source PKI Book may be a good start point although it is old
- Mise en place d'une PKI libre (French) provides a step by step guide
Open Source PKI
- Open Source PKI provides a quite exhaustive list of open source PKI solutions
- OpenCA is one the pioneers in open source PKI
- PrimeKey provides a wide range of PKI related solutions in LGPL. Leading project is called EJBCA.
- LASSO provides a way to federate multiple PKIs. It is written in C and in python. It is supported in about any language.
- Bandit is supported by Novell
- OpenSSO is a Java based SSO
- OpenTSA provides a time stamping solution built into Apache.
- OpenOCES includes a java applet to sign text
- OpenCA client support provides minimal information on the built-in signature features of browsers
Zope / Python Stuff
- PyCa is a python implementation of a certificate authority provider
- PyKI provides a couple a scripts to manage a minimal public key infrastructure
- OpenSC provides access to smart cards